This is your opportunity.
The release of Precinct on Garramilla Boulevard land represents a fantastic chance to take advantage of the refreshed entrance into the city of Darwin.
The Central Darwin Area Plan (draft) recently released by the NT Planning Commission is currently on display for public comment. The plan confirms exciting new growth areas within and adjacent to Darwin city and provides development guidelines for the whole of the central area intended to make Darwin an outstanding ‘liveable city’.
It can be seen on attached maps that the Precinct on Garramilla Boulevard land is centrally positioned with respect to the planned growth areas and therefore presents sound reasons for immediate or longer term development including:
- Being located in an identified mixed use area that provides for a broad scope of landuse options that allow for Commercial, Civic, Residential, Education, Tourism, Recreation and Retail development.
- Being adjacent to an Educational and Civic Precinct on Garramilla Boulevard where new a new campus for the Charles Darwin University will become the catalyst for associated commercial and residential projects.
- Being elevated and overlooking the planned re-development of the Frances Bay wharf area including the commercial fishing marina that will follow relocation of the ship-lift facility to East Arm
- Being alongside the new re-development areas and open space land associated with the Former Tank Farms around Railway Dam and on the Shell site.
- Abutting a high amenity shared pedestrian/cyclepath and open space corridor that conveniently links this land with all parts of the city
- Being only a short distance from public gardens and recreational areas within Railway Dam and Frogs Hollow
- Being on a key transport routes within the Central area, and the main and most direct route to Palmerston and employment areas associated with manufacturing and the port.
The development potential of the land has already been investigated and tested in several projects, and confirm the suitability of the land for high-rise buildings:
Design concept for Health House – tender proposal over two allotments. Design copyright AtelierMarkBell
Approved plans for La Vista apartments. Design copyright AtelierMarkBell